Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, should it be a four letter word

It never fails that when the husband is away something will break. Today it was the car. Of course it was the car, my car. The power steering went out so the entire time I was driving to pre-k drop off and then to the mechanic I felt like I was trying to turn a one ton hippo left and right. Did I mention that my husband drove the car all day yesterday? And that it did not break yesterday.

However, I have good friends. Friends who will come pick me up at the mechanic. Friends who will drive me to my husbands parked car so that I can drive it until my car is fixed. Friends who offer to take me to pick up my fixed car. Friends that I can confide in, that I can say my prayer life is non-existent. Friends who encourage. Friends who are like family.

We also can afford the repair bill. Yes it means a money shuffle and a little between pay day squeeze but we can afford it. How may people out there can't afford an unexpected car repair? How many people would have to decide whether to run their heat and eat or fix their car? How many people are without a car to fix?

Today I am choosing to be grateful for the things we have rather than frustrated with the things that are not going according to plan. Today I am deciding that the four letter word associated with Monday should be thankful. Even if it is seven letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment