Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A few thoughts on Dooce

As I've been working through the archives of dooce.com I find myself thinking...especially since I know how it ends. Read on for some of my rambling, wandering thoughts about Heather B Armstrong.

  • Is she going to keep the Armstrong surname?

  • I wonder if part of why Leta took so long to walk, in addition to her sensory issues, is that fact that she looks to be a very big baby. And I mean that in size. And I'm not dissing the baby. I'm just wondering if maybe her muscles needed extra time to be able to hold her up and move in the manner they were designed to move in. Jon is apparently a giant man so it makes sense that Leta would be a bigger sized baby. Don't send me hate mail about this.

  • When she posts those picture of the snow outside her window I die a little inside with her. As a girl born and raised on a Southern coast I know NOTHING about weather. I grew up living in the sun and wearing pretty little dresses on Christmas day, not snow jackets and layers. However, I am now living a landlocked life and I experience the snow and ice and layers of clothing. Its devastating. I totally understand season depression. I have seasonal depression. Even in the Summer. Its so freaking hot and humid that all I want to do is stay inside. I was never a lame, sit on my butt, stay inside 9 months a year and get fat type of girl. Then I moved East.

  • Sometimes I want to email Heather links to her own posts about her amazing, wonderful husband if only to remind her that there was a time she felt this way. Then I remember that I'm not in their relationship and that blogs only show a small, skewed version of someones life. This one included.
I think other things but that is all I can think for now. 

***UPDATE***
I CANNOT believe they used the Ferber Method to sleep train Leta!!!! And that almost two years later she felt the need to admit it publicly.  I am much more into the Attachment Parenting school of thought. I love me some Dr. Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment